Question:
Is Going Clubing Dead?
Ozzy D
2009-03-22 05:49:36 UTC
I want to know if there are people still clubing like they used to 10 years ago. I used to go to Ikon in Maidstone or Brighton but I find that clubs now days are swamped with the popular R&B or Hip Hop music.
Is clubing still the same as it used to be? such as Hard House & Trance or has it all been taken over by the Hip Hop/R&B renegades?
Seven answers:
luna
2009-03-22 08:17:15 UTC
I live in Dublin and there are plenty of clubs that play the House & Trance music. They're my favourite type of clubs. I'm afraid I don't know what clubbing was like 10 years ago. There are an awful lot of Garage and Hip-Hop music in the clubs but I don't think it's that bad.
kurve702
2009-03-22 05:55:33 UTC
I highly doubt it will ever be like it used to be ... the music doesn't have the same appeal and excitement as it did before. I dont think it has been taken over by other genres .....well i dont know about where you live here in Las Vegas we still have clubs who play House and Trance but even that doesnt have the same feel as the old days then again i used to DJ and play all over the world i guess my views are slightly bias.
2009-03-22 05:55:35 UTC
ikon was a right dive lol . . . i think its called liquid now tho. i go clubbing sometimes but mostly to tap n tin in chatham lol but most clubs are now hip hop
Bianca
2009-03-22 05:53:31 UTC
i live in Glasgow and there is still plenty of clubs that play dance/trance/hard house etc
?
2017-03-03 23:09:29 UTC
1
****