Question:
How come Australia is so far behind the U.S in TV shows?
2008-08-14 18:06:04 UTC
I've found Australia to be up to 2 years or more behind popular U.S TV shows, and it's really a pain. Is this just because the stations aren't willing to pay some sort of "premium" broadcast fee, or what?
Seven answers:
kimberly.
2008-08-15 06:14:23 UTC
It really sucks. We get everything last. I'm sure it's not because they can't afford it, because it will definitely raise ratings... I don't know, I hate it though. It's not just TV shows we're behind in.
dollie
2008-08-14 18:10:07 UTC
Because it's Australia?
2016-10-19 09:59:56 UTC
hi ! i'm from India & I enjoyed observing Neighbours & homestead & away & Flying docs until now they discontinued a majority of those programmes. I desire Australian television serials to the yank ones. yet what to do ?
2008-08-14 18:19:27 UTC
We are THAT far behind? Phew, you had me worried for a moment! The further the better for me!
2008-08-14 18:19:16 UTC
hmm... interesting. i've noticed also with the UK that they get new shows before the US does, maybe it just all depends where you live and such.
?
2008-08-14 18:10:31 UTC
i didnt even know that. it is very interesting though.
Biℓℓie♆Jean (I caused a scene)
2008-08-14 18:20:59 UTC
duh because america rocks the world. we're the best.